- Thursday, Nov. 19 marked the final weekly trap derby for the season. Thank you to everyone who came out to shoot with us. We hope you enjoyed shooting with us. We enjoyed having you and look forward to the derby returning in the spring.
- In anticipation of cold weather that is hard on the equipment, the trap field will be closed on December 1 and remain closed throughout the winter. Trapshooting will resume on March 1, 2021.
- The rifle and pistol ranges will remain open and available to those members hardy enough to brave the winter weather.
We will be observing social distancing and have some procedures in place to limit close contact for everyone’s protection.
The vision of the Prairie Central Sportsman’s Club (PCSC) is to establish a family oriented club, providing shotgun, rifle, pistol and archery ranges, as well as a clubhouse suitable for meetings, educational programs and community or corporate events.
The PCSC shooting facility, located on U.S. Rt-24 at Chatsworth Illinois will be developed in phases over a period of several years. Phase 1, which includes a trap field, 25 & 50 yard rifle/pistol ranges, archery backstop and clubhouse building is complete. Future additions will include a second trap field, 100 yard rifle range and additional range equipment.
Going forward, PCSC will provide much needed services to the community including:
- Providing a safe site and environment for the enjoyment of shooters
- Providing scheduled shooting and social activities for the enjoyment of members and the community
- Providing instruction and education for youth and beginning shooters in cooperation with the Illinois State Rifle Association
- Providing hunter safety classes in cooperation with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Providing useful information to the general public on shooting and the outdoor sports
Browse our website to learn more about PCSC: