It’s Spring Cleanup Time at PCSC!
NOTE: Illinois HB5471, also known as the Protect Illinois Communities Act, or Assault Weapon Ban, has passed the Illinois legislature and has been signed by the governor. To learn how this affects you and follow continuing developments, visit the Illinois State Rifle Association website at: https://isra.org/
The vision of the Prairie Central Sportsman’s Club (PCSC) is to establish a family oriented club, providing shotgun, rifle, pistol and archery ranges, as well as a clubhouse suitable for meetings, educational programs and community or corporate events.
Members currently enjoy a well-maintained facility, with token access to the trap field and all rifle/pistol firing lines now covered by shelters. Improvements are ongoing. Annual membership dues remain our major source of funding for range development and operating funds. Effective January 1, 2023 annual membership dues have increased to $100.
You can apply for a new membership or extend your current membership at https://prairiecentralsc.org/membership-information/
The PCSC shooting facility, located on U.S. Rt-24 at Chatsworth Illinois will be developed in phases over a period of several years. Phase 1, which includes a trap field, 25 & 50 yard rifle/pistol ranges, archery backstop and clubhouse building is complete. Future additions will include a second trap field, 100 yard rifle range and additional range equipment.
Going forward, PCSC will provide much needed services to the community including:
- Providing a safe site and environment for the enjoyment of shooters
- Providing scheduled shooting and social activities for the enjoyment of members and the community
- Providing instruction and education for youth and beginning shooters in cooperation with the Illinois State Rifle Association
- Providing hunter safety classes in cooperation with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources
- Providing useful information to the general public on shooting and the outdoor sports
Browse our website to learn more about PCSC:
- Click “Range Info” to learn about our facilities.
- Click “What’s Happening” to see the calendar of club events.
- Click “Membership Information” to get a PCSC Membership Application.
- Click “Directions” to find the PCSC Range.